The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability necessary to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, or other closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in feed mill operations and/or quality assurance management. Experience managing a team of quality assurance technicians preferred.
- Management of a high volume of inventory throughout multiple sites.
- Experience with pallet inventory is a must.
- Experience with bulk inventory is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art planning systems.
- Experience with setting up electronic data base for inventory is preferred.
- Experience working in a family owned environment, although not required, is of great value/importance.
- HACCP, ISO, SQF or other food safety certification required.
- Food safety audit experience required.
- Must be approachable and team oriented.
- Clear in communication and approach.
- Develop and train staff on fundamentals and processes related to quality assurance.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Good listener, reads people well.
- Able to effectively build consensus and generate buy in.
- Strong project management skills are a must.